At this time it is possible to take out a mortgage with an interest below 1%. View the Good finance mortgage interest:
Mortgage interest historically low
We now know that mortgage rates are historically low. However, few analysts expected mortgage rates below 1%. The lowest mortgage interest in the market was 1.39%. And such a reduction can certainly be called a stunt.
Good finance mortgage interest rate below 1%
Good finance has fixed a very low mortgage interest rate for 2 years, by 0.71%. The mortgage with NHG and annuity or linear repayment therefore comes to 0.99%. This concerns the Good finance budget mortgage with the payment package / house bank discount. The mortgage interest on this product was 1.70%.
Conditions for this low interest
If you meet the conditions of this mortgage, you can therefore take out an Good finance mortgage with an interest below 1%. This means:
- You must repay the mortgage at least annually.
- You must fit within the NHG conditions, with an upper limit of 245,000 euros.
- You must also start banking via Good finance .
- With a budget mortgage, the conditions are stricter, for example with regard to the mortgage offer: it is not possible to extend the offer free of charge and the interest offer remains valid if the mortgage interest rate falls in the meantime.
Good finance offers an even lower mortgage interest rate for a select group:
- If you have a low mortgage in relation to the home value (up to 65%), then you are eligible for a mortgage interest rate of 0.94%.
- If you are affiliated with the employer collective of Good finance through your employer, you will receive a further 0.2% interest discount. Your mortgage interest then becomes 0.79%.
‘Interest in consideration time’ or ‘snag’
With this Good finance mortgage you can fix the mortgage interest at any time. In this way, the bank offers its customers the opportunity to quickly anticipate an interest rate rise. The bank calls this ‘interest in consideration time’.
The Good finance mortgage interest rate is now low due to the low policy rate of the ECB. The expectation is that the Central Bank will continue this policy at least until 2017 and possibly longer. Also read our mortgage interest forecast for 2016.
There is also the ‘snag’ (if we can call it that). The mortgage rates for the long periods are not very attractive at Good finance. So there is a good chance that the extension proposal will be disappointing if you are going to fix the interest.
Response to interest rate reduction
With this interest rate reduction, Good finance puts the competition on its toes. In the coming weeks we will have to wait and see how the other lenders will react. This may be the beginning of a new series of reductions in the fixed-interest period. Tip: Register for the Interest Rate Flash and follow the mortgage interest closely.